Summer! The votes are in! Y'all voted in favor of shipper apps. Check out the announcement here!💛

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

ON THE EDGE OF THE DEVIL'S BACKBONE, trina's brats

played by trina

bamf

27 (28)
No, I don't want your number. No, I don't want to give you mine and no, I don't want to meet you nowhere. No, don't want none of your time.
ooc account
leo
forever alone

Santiago

performer

31 (31) fire dancer
single
This handsome devil is Santiago Torres, a thirty-one year old single father to a nearly two-year-old boy named Hector (often referred to as “hijo” by his father), and a recent addition to Le Cirque Noir. He only joined up within the last month, having spent nearly half a year traveling city-to-city with his young son, performing his routines on street corners and beaches of larger cities, in search for a “fresh start” after the loss of his wife and job. Up until the tragic suicide of his wife (which came as an unexpected blow to Santiago as he simply hadn’t known she’d been depressed), he’s had a rather good life. Born in Paraná, Brazil, his parents immigrated to the United States when he was eight, spending a majority of his life in southern California.

Generally, Santi (as his friends tend to call him) is a rather easy-going type of man. Before the loss of his wife, he was normally always seen smiling or laughing, always tended to be cracking some sort of joke, and has even been known to make a dumb Youtube video or Vine here or there. He's changed somewhat - he's got a bit of a temper on him that wasn't necessarily there before that tends to explode when he's drunk or his wife or God is mentioned - but he's still kind by nature. He's not the sort to bully those smaller or weaker than him, and isn't known to keep his mouth shut about things even if they don't concern him. He's definitely confident, maybe a little too much so, and manages to hide his uncertainty rather well.

For lovers, he's bisexual but hasn't exactly let go of his wife's memory. He continues to wear his wedding ring, often fiddling with it when he's irritated or deep in thought, but he's not sure if it's out of love or habit that he continues to wear it. It certainly hasn't stopped his sex life, however, he's just... not the sort who is seeking love again. But, (as you'll see with friends & enemies) I'm up for any sort of plotting idea that someone might have! It'd be good for Santi for someone to wiggle into his life and heart, help him get past the grief he's refused to truly let go of and move on. Flings, crushes, sexual tension, etc. you name it and I'm more than likely to figure something out!

When it comes to friends, I actually picture Santi with quite a few. He's a sweetheart honestly (which is rare for me I usually tend to make selfish dicks) and is known to be kind first, an asshole second. Basically meaning, if you're decent to him, he's going to be kind to you regardless of being strangers or friends, but if you come at him as a dick from the get-go, he's going to return the favor. I happen to LOVE enemy plots so if you have a good one in mind, I'll probably jump on it. I have been watching soap operas since I was like, 7, so I am always down for the dramatic and the angst and the feels.

Obie

worker

18 (59) tailor
single
Obie Wasserman is a bitch and that's putting it rather nicely. At fifty-nine he's been with the circus since he was eighteen when he and his mother fled for private reasons. While being a tailor his is job within the circus, he's mostly known as the resident gossip spreader. He runs a blog that keeps up with the latest gossip (both true and false) to be spread around.

In all honesty, it's doubtful Obie has a lot of real friends. He's not an easy person to get along with. He's quite vain, judgmental, and enjoys wrecking peoples lives as a hobby. People are probably friendly to him just to make sure they don't end up on his bad side and have their name and face plastered all over his gossip rag. Those who are friends with him are probably very much like him or enjoy the things he writes about.

Now, enemies are going to be a hell of a lot more common. As stated before, he has a reputation for wrecking people's lives with his lies and rumors. Not to mention, he'll sleep with your boyfriend just for the fun of it, videotape it, and then blackmail said boyfriend until he gets bored and decides to give the tape to their significant other. Yeah, the guy deserves to be punched in the face more than once. So, I definitely imagine there are quite a few in this list and I am always down for hate plots (to be honest I think I mention that at least every other character oops) so if you've got an idea let me know!

And, finally, lovers will be male and numerous. He's a bit of a slut and if he finds you attractive, he'll most likely sleep with you. If you're happily taken, well, then he'll definitely want to sleep with you. As for actual relationships, Obie is not a fan of those by any means. When he was younger, he dated a couple of men briefly but (obviously) broke it off for various reasons. SO I am definitely down for something to do with those past relationships, and current lovers. As for anything more serious, well, the guy has been in love with Asher Rowe for over ten years now and just refuses to admit to it (even to himself) so that's a definite no.

Penn

performer

18 (22) hoop dancer
taken
This little firecracker is Penn Wolfe, a girl who is almost positive her mother read one too many Johanna Lindsey romance novels when choosing her name as she claims it sounds like something a romance author would name the manly love interest instead of an actual girl name. Anyway, she's twenty-two years old, was born and raised within the circus, and currently works as a hoop dancer performer.

Her father was an unknown rube, and her mother works within the circus as a cookhouse cook. She's always been rather fascinated by rubes and life outside the circus, often sneaking off on her own before she turned eighteen and signed a contract with Monsieur Sombre. A regular spitfire, Penn is rather outspoken, wild, and generally does not give two fucks about what the world thinks of her. She's a very passionate and free spirited young woman, she's the sort who enjoys a party - often either hosting the parties herself or crashing them.

While she doesn't have much of a temper, insult or hurt one of her friends or 'family', and she'll come up swinging (her mother taught her to aim for the groin or the boob in a fight). She's extremely sociable, so I actually expect her to have quite the little network of friends especially having grown up among a lot of the members. Like I said, she's always been fascinated by the normality of rubes and will most likely pester any new folk for their stories.

I imagine she might have made a handful of enemies over the years - maybe someone doesn't like how damn nosy she is or she's gotten a little mouthy with the wrong person or something.

As for lovers, she's a rather notorious flirt around the circus, even if that man happens to be taken by another. She's never been in love although the concept is appealing to her, and she's not against eventually finding it. However, at the moment, she's enjoying the freedom of non-commitment. edit she has recently begun a very sweet romance with Fabian Decker! She's still a flirt but don't expect her to take up any offers ~

EJ

director

29 (33) cookhouse
married
Alright, so, this asshole is EJ Calligan which is short for Elvis James but for the love of god do not call him that. I don't think anyone would actually know his full name unless they heard his husband Ian use it when he's being a little shit. Anyway, he's thirty-three years old, and is the Cookhouse Director for the circus.

There are two things that EJ here is completely obsessed with: himself and the idea of perfection. He views himself as a god basically and now that he's practically immortal, well, it's just made his ego even bigger than it was beforehand if that was possible. He expects perfection in all things but has been generally disappointed throughout his life with the lack of perfection around him. He runs a very strict kitchen because of this obsession and will not hesitate to stand behind his workers to make sure they are giving nothing but their absolute best. (I don't imagine he's popular with his cooks and dish crew tbh.)

When it comes to the idea of friends EJ is a picky sonofabitch. He views most of the circus as beneath him and will only socialize to a certain extent. He's condescending but polite when interacting with the "heathens". Now, if he views a person close to an equal - such as his fellow directors - he's far more charming and genuine.

I expect him to have several enemies simply because of how he treats people and how he treats his husband. Not to mention the whole "I'm better than you and I know it" attitude he has would probably put off a lot of people. Gimme some fun enemy plots yes?

And, finally, the wonderful lovers section. EJ is a married man but... he was a married man before the circus too. He married Ian's older sister and then proceeded to have an affair behind her back with her brother for several years. He views Ian as "perfect" like himself but in a completely different fashion (it's fucking weird man), and he honestly wanted both siblings. Long story short, Ian got sick of his honestly abusive shit (lots of trips to the hospital) and decided to start a relationship with someone else. EJ... does not do well with jealousy and rather enjoys dishing out punishments - he proceeded to kill said boyfriend and frame Ian for it.

Yeah, he's a great guy.

Of course, he's never breathed a word of that to anyone (but I do want it to come out eventually because I love drama). But, anyway, the man isn't exactly faithful. Now he hasn't slept around on Ian yet since joining the circus but that's simply because he's a picky bastard. If he sees a person as "perfect" or at least close to it, though, he might be sorely tempted.

Keahu

sideshow

38 (44) living iceman
married
COMING SOON

Tyler

performer

26 (26) globe rider
married
Tyler Boyd is a woman who is used to being in charge and for her name to make people uncomfortable or even afraid. At twenty-six she's only just joined the circus due to certain circumstances and will be working as a globe of death rider. Violence has been a part of her life for as long as she can remember but not because she lived in a rough neighborhood or had abuse parents or anything - she's just always had a taste for causing violence. Like I said, the woman likes being top dog, and would more often beat the living hell out of someone to establish herself than actually talk to people and make friends.

She ran off at sixteen with her then boyfriend but would later shoot him in the leg, steal his bike, and leave him on the side of the road. Aside from her parents, the only thing she's probably ever loved in the world is that bike - her "baby" so to speak. She made a living doing petty crimes and would eventually integrate herself into a gang Detroit in her early twenties before manipulating and backstabbing her way to the top. Needless to say, it didn't last, and one night several of her members planned a coup, literally shooting her in the back and taking off with her beloved bike.

She's still pretty pissed off about that.

Friends are difficult for Tyler to make mostly because she's a right bitch. She can be rather intimidating and she doesn't hold back anything and doesn't give a shit about hurt feelings or being polite or thankful. Anyone who can go toe-to-toe with her either with their fists or their sass would be the sort Tyler would like to be around (just don't be too sassy or you'll get a punch to the face). She likes making people afraid of her but she likes it even more the ones that aren't.

This girl is going to have a fuck ton of enemies and I am looking absolutely forward to it. She's just a bitch and, you know, kind of a bully. I would love a good hate plot with a specific character and her. It'll take some building up because, you know, she just got here and all but that makes it better to build it up. Rivals or something. I dunno, I'm tired so work with me here!

And, once again, lovers. Tyler here is bisexual and it's really just who strikes her fancy though I think she generally leans more toward women than men. It takes a certain kind of man to get the juices flowing basically but she likes a pretty girl for sure ~ EDIT Tyler has recently drunkenly married Braden Tremain. Congrats.

Kara

sideshow

27 (28) burlesque
complicated
COMING SOON

played by mochi

young person

19 (22)
"The question, O me! so sad, recurring—What good amid these, O me, O life? Answer. That you are here—that life exists and identity, That the powerful play goes on, and you may contribute a verse." -- Walt Whitman, Leaves of Grass
ooc account
Vegas, baby.
Capricorn!
something
SANTI'S BEAUTIFUL FACE & JULIET
OKAY SO Juliet likes the newbs. Especially the pretty ones. And we all know men with children are chick magnets. Juliet will gladly be his bedwarmer and confidante, if he'll have her. They can chat about parenting too even though her son is seventy-five. And it's not even an issue that he's not looking for love, because guess what? She isn't either ;D

SANTI & ANNA
Okay so I don't really have an idea here, but Anna's a sweetheart too, and sweethearts together are adorable. Also I feel like she'd love Hector. And Santi needs a costume for his act anyway.

SANTI & SAM
And Sam, because I neglect him, poor thing. I don't have an idea here either, but would Santi want to hang out with a nice guy who never remembers him the next day? ._.

Edit: You don't have to do all of these if you don't want XD

played by pixel

person

20 (N/A)
ooc account
SANTI & AUGUSTA
So Gus is my loud-mouthed, sweetheart trick roper. She's super outgoing, will strike up a conversation with absolutely anyone. She's really a nice girl, wants to get along with everyone, but rather like Santi, she has no time for bull shit or being a douche, and she can have a quick temper if you rub her the wrong way. Basically, they need to be friends, at the very least. She was also raped by an ex boyfriend, and then he paid of a psychologist to have her diagnosed as a delusional sex addict, so love is kinda weird for her. Might be fun if they became friends and he kinda wanted to sleep with her but she's pretty much like "Nope nope nope, not without a commitment" which obvs he's not into at the moment, and yeah, it could be kinda this awkwardly tense friendship lol. Or ditch that and gimme something else. or nothing. It's all good.

I'll give you more later, I have to go right now. >:[

played by trina

bamf

27 (28)
No, I don't want your number. No, I don't want to give you mine and no, I don't want to meet you nowhere. No, don't want none of your time.
ooc account
leo
forever alone
    all of the above has been responded to!

played by trina

bamf

27 (28)
ooc account
leo
forever alone
    and Yuri has been added for plotting!

played by pixel

person

20 (N/A)
ooc account
SANTI & AUGUSTA
Daww Gus would just appreciate the effort if he got into it with the ex and drag him back to her car to nurse him and tell him how awesome she is. lol. She just appreciates having loyal and awesome friends and it's really the thought that counts. So yus, friends for sure. We can get a thread going if you want?

I'll give you more later, I have to go right now. >:[

played by mochi

announcer

18 (89)
come a little closer, love; i'll spin you a web so we'll never part
inactive
Yuri & Tom
-cautiously extends Tom and hopes for as little bloodshed as possible-

Edit: -also hopes for lack of character death-

played by del

game booth operator

29 (85)
my fingertips and my lips, they burn from the cigarettes. forrest gump, you run my mind boy, running on my mind boy
inactive
Yuri & Dorian
Mkay, they're both game booth operators, and while Dorian's games are I think slightly less rigged, he tends to use charm and wit and flirting to distract them enough to lose.

This is an edit because I need to learn to read, holy shit. If you read what I wrote before, I take it all back. If not, yay, caught it in time!! Haha.

Dorian is a gigantic flirt, though he's PROBABLY seen Yuri lash out at boys who flirt with him. He'd likely roll his eyes, help the poor boys up, and offer Yuri weed or sedatives at a low low price haha.

But I highly doubt they're friends. If anything, snarky and competitive fucks who glare at each other across the booths. Only problem is that Dorian usually runs his mouth, causing him to get hit by those less.... Free peace and love-y.

played by Del

Spec. Girl

22 (59)
last night I woke up and I realized that i need you here, as desperate as that sounds.
inactive
Santi & Diane
OH THIS ONE TOO.

Diane loves the fatherly/brotherly types because she secretly loves being taken care of. And she adores kids. She's a hella prude but I can totes see her getting along pretty well with him - babysitting when he really really needs it. That kind of thing. Plus she's really nice to new people!!!

played by trina

bamf

27 (28)
ooc account
leo
forever alone
    all the above has been responded to! bring on more <3

played by junebug

Aerial Straps

29/91 (94)
inactive
Caleb & Santiago
Hey hey. So, the first thing I noticed is that how Santi USED to be is a lot like how Caleb IS currently. And then it's what they don't have in common that really strikes me. Santi has been there a month, Cale has been there sixty years, give or take. Santi lost his wife, Caleb walked away from his- and his son, too. I feel like Cale would kind of bond with this kid- maybe a way of atoning for abandoning his own? Might be a bit of a 'take you under the wing' kind of relationship towards Santi?

played by Bratley

security director

30 (57)
director
Sasha & Yuri
Welllllll he for sure hangs around with his fellow countrymen 'cause he misses the motherland, although he'll never let anyone know that. I think he wouldn't be the biggest fan of Yuri 'cause Sasha's very politically conservative, and you know, there's no gays in paradise or whatever :/ But he'd tolerate him, I think, especially as they're not too far away in age.

Louis & Yuri
On the other hand, Louis makes it his business to out all the wonderful gay men and women of the circus and make them proud, so you know, he might be on Yuri's back,waving a rainbow flag or something.

played by trina

bamf

27 (28)
ooc account
leo
forever alone
all caught up and responded to like a boss

played by junebug

Aerial Straps

29/91 (94)
inactive
Caleb & Santi
He regrets it 100%. It's definitely not something he's proud of in his life. But that sounds perfect for these two!

played by trina

burlesque dancer

18 (25)
touching him was like realizing all you ever wanted was right there in front of you. memorizing him was as easy as knowing all the words to your old favorite song. fighting with him was like trying to solve a crossword and realizing there's no right answer. regretting him was like wishing you never found out that love could be that strong.
sideshow
cancer
single
    everything should be caught up and please welcome PENN!

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll